UX Designer -- Wireless Generation. Inc.
Wireless Generation creates innovative tools, systems and services that help educators teach with excellence. With its solutions, educators can easily apply research-based, proven practices such as frequent progress monitoring and needs diagnosis, data-informed decision-making, differentiated instruction, and professional collaborations across classrooms, grades, and schools. The company has helped educators address and solve some of the most pressing challenges in teaching and learning. Wireless Generation currently serves more than 200,000 educators and three million students.
Wireless Generation is seeking a User Experience Designer to create intuitive and innovative user experiences for next generation educational applications. We?re looking for creative leaders interested in contributing to a variety of interactive and mobile based initiatives. UX Designers at Wireless Generation work across the user experience domain, including research (user interviews, ethnography, persona development), design (sketching, group ideation, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping), documentation (wireframing and specification writing), and user testing. The successful candidate will serve as the glue between Stakeholders, Users, and the engineers that build the designs.
Responsibilities of UX Designer:
- Execute user requirements gathering, conceptual modeling, onsite and offsite usability testing and competitive landscape analysis.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, prototypes, wireframes, functional specifications, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Help manage the interaction design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, project managers, product strategists, and developers.
- Designers need to be able to both discuss and document their designs and design decisions effectively to varied audiences
Requirements of UX Designer:
- 3+ years experience developing interactive products as an Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Product Designer, User Experience Designer or Usability Engineer.
- Proactive and creative problem solver with an intellectual interest in current and new technologies and techniques
- Mobile experience a plus
- Well-organized, with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and collegiality
- A Bachelors Degree is required
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.