Senior UX Designer -- Which?
About us – Which? Digital
Which? is a highly respected brand and household name, as well as being the trusted voice of the consumer with a strong consumer rights heritage over the last 60 years in the UK
Are you interested in helping them transition from a traditional publishing organisation to a service led organisation building amazing digital products? The digital team is growing and working on some ambitious new interactive service products, designed to play a key role in revenue, acquisition, campaign led advocacy, and international growth.
The organisation has ambitious growth plans over the next five years and a healthy revenue stream to fund it - built from one of the largest subscriber bases in the UK. This is an opportune moment to join a high-performance digital team intent on shaping and producing compelling and award winning designs and services.
Responsible for championing Which? User Experience offerings across all of their many products and services - from the core reviews and advice content through to their campaigns and consumer action based projects.
This is a great role to work alongside - and grow and learn from - a highly skilled and experienced UX team. There are opportunities to work on some fantastic projects, all web-based products are designed to work responsively across multiple devices and there are bespoke tablet and smartphone apps in development. Although this is ultimately a client side environment, it has an agency feel due to the volume, momentum and variety of projects. This is a key opportunity to get involved in the significant programme of re-architecting Which?'s digital presence.
Executive stakeholders have bought into and see the importance of designing an industry-leading digital user experience - so this is a great time to make a real difference to UK consumers with the UX you design. Key elements of the work will involve:
- Designing user experience focusing on workflows, user journeys, user flows, storyboards, wireframes, personas, prototypes, site-maps test cases, or written specifications and user stories
- Create UX deliverables including sketches, storyboards, user journey and developing high fidelity prototypes and wireframes
- Work with design, product team to ensure user experience is translated into a strong, on brand visual look and feel with high quality usability
- Working in an agile, lean start up methodology, working very collaboratively with a range of teams and skillsets
- The candidate will have at least two years experience delivering the full UCD process and must have a portfolio to demonstrate their designs and thinking process
- Experience in UX toolkits such as Axure
- Sketching, wireframes, prototypes, personas, user flows, sitemaps
- Ideally have experience designing responsively across multiple platforms not just web
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Stakeholder management skills
We require a CV that demonstrates UX in both its content and presentation and a portfolio that demonstrates and summarises your approach as well the outcome for projects, coursework, papers or work examples to date.