Interaction designer -- Verizon Wireless
As a contributor to the Self Support UX team, this member will provide support to all projects related to self-support and on-device help. This support will include but not be limited to supporting projects to improve the device unboxing, device setup, and on-device help. In particular this team member will support the Self Support UX team in the following capacities:
- Support UI/UX guidelines through the requirements cycle by writing and reviewing device requirements.
- Verify UI/UX requirements and self-support tools through pre-release testing and software updates testing.
- Analyze and prioritize customer feedback through various frontline sources to feed a UI/UX issue list.
- Contribute to the design, prototyping, and testing of new self-support tools and instructional materials.
- Support UI Requirements effort for unboxing, device setup and on-device help by writing new requirements and updating existing requirements based on customer pain points as well as change requests.
- Understand the "value adds" provided by OEMs and recognize possible issues for our customers in order to develop proactive self-support content. Develop this content through guidelines, requirements, and tips.
- Master new application lifecycle software for storing and distributing requirements to OEMs. Be able to train others on team and/or support others in inputting requirements into this new system.
- Design wireframes and screens based on research findings as well as develop prototypes and proof of concepts for possible requirements and guidelines.
Compliance and Product Testing
- Test prelaunch devices against on-device help UI guidelines and requirements.
- Participate in device UI feature lock down meetings for on-device help areas.
- Test self-support tools on new and updated devices according to a predefined launch and updates schedule.
- Verify that self-support content matches the capabilities of the devices
- Contribute to frontline feedback effort by collecting UI/UX pain points.
- Analyze pain point data and help maintain frontline feedback data repository.
- Recommend improvements to this process and repository including better submission process, prioritization process, vetting process and process for channeling pain points back to the UX teams.
- Work with internal teams to ensure research findings are being captured.
- Identify and analyze innovative and successful unboxing, device setup and on-device help products and service in the market today through competitive analysis, normative analysis and heuristic review. Document analysis and share with team.
- Support user testing effort by helping to run surveys, focus groups and usability studies as well as create materials for these tests.
- Create reports of study findings with recommendations and next steps and present these findings to peers and management.
- Utilize research results for writing guidelines and requirements as well as for submitting bug reports and reporting problems to OEMs and vendors.
- 1+ year experience designing and testing mobile device user interfaces.
- 1+ year experience writing software requirements and guidelines.
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools is a plus.
- 1+ year experience with Android, iOS, RIM, and Windows mobile operating systems.
- Experience with consumer electronics and connected devices is a plus.
- Solid, demonstrable design experience with wireframes, data flows, and mockups
- Experience with UI design and wireframe tools is a plus.
- Experience with graphic design and video editing tools is a plus.
- Experience with experimental design, prototyping and data analysis tools is a plus.
- Experience with instructional/interaction design and writing for consumer products a plus.
- Experience designing and testing mobile device user interfaces.
- Experience with user interface prototyping and design tools.
- Experience converting UI designs into written requirements and guidance.
- Experience with Android, iOS, RIM, and Windows mobile operating systems.
Additional experience in one of the following areas will be considered a plus:
- Usability Testing: Experience performing lab based usability tests.
- Mobile Application Development: Experience developing and publishing applications.
- Graphic Design: Experience producing pixel perfect assets for mobile applications.
- Instructional Design: Experience with design and writing for consumer products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong foundation in user interface design and evaluation, information architecture and user interaction methods.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, decisions, and reasoning to a broad audience.
- Must be organized, have excellent project management skills, and be a self starter.
- Bachelors' degree in User Interface Design (UID), User Experience Design (UXD), Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or Computer Science (CS).
- Advanced degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Job ID: 328343