Senior Visual Designer -- Stealth.travel
Stealth.travel is a Manhattan-based start-up that aspires to revolutionize multi-channel travel retail with our B2B & B2C products and services. We’re keeping a low profile at the moment, though we’ve already secured solid funding and have a management team of veterans from the travel industry.
We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer, who knows digital layout, type, and color usage like the back of their hand, and since it’s a start-up, won’t mind helping out on the interaction design, design research, prototyping or anything else we need. You’ll be working collaboratively to define and implement the visual identity of our product interfaces across devices. As we’ll have multiple B2B and B2C offerings, you’ll help us make sure they are draw from a similar aesthetic. In addition, you will support the experience design for our products. In this capacity, you will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. You will ensure the design of our products supports our requirements to a high level of quality.
Deliverables include sketches, design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation. You will be able to deliver in a fast-paced and changing environment, working along side management, marketing, product managers, developers and other designers. Collaboration is key to how we work, whether it’s with a cross-functional team or within the design team. You will welcome input and be happy to support your colleagues to create the best products. Your projects will range from well-defined executions of business requirements to blue-sky explorations.
Bring your passion, skill and a desire to extend past a traditional visual design role and you will flourish.
Qualifications/Need to haves
- All candidates must have an on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- 5 years work experience creating world-class user interface design across device experiences.
- Exceptional visual design skills and a strong understanding of human or activity-centered design techniques
- Obsession for detail and consistency.
- Mastery in the application of layout, color, and typography.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools.
- Strong knowledge of technical capabilities and constraints across devices, and an interest to engage with emerging technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills:
- You work well with others and do not subscribe to a ‘heroic designer’ mentality.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, driven by group critique.
- Ability to communicate design through sketches, models, prototypes and style guides.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present work with conviction
- Passion for travel
- Be self-motivated, work with minimal supervision, and support multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to function independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Design, similar or equivalent experience
- Authorization to work in the US. No visa sponsorships.
Nice to Haves
- Icon design, video and 3D experience
- Mobile design experience familiarity with mobile development
- Travel industry and e-commerce experience
- We are based in NYC within walking distance to Penn Station.
- We offer great compensation package and benefits:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Matching 401K
- All-expense-paid one week vacation for two at a destination we sell
- Sweet hardware set-up of your choosing
- Travel reimbursement
- Gym benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Little things that matter (happy hours, Friday lunches, nice coffee, snacks, etc.)
- We offer great working environment
- Quality chairs and plenty of whiteboards
- Few meetings, few distractions policy
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Company outings, off-sites, and post-work hang outs
- Relocation is offered for this role