Senior UX Designer -- Stealth.travel
Stealth.travel is a Manhattan-based start-up that aspires to revolutionize multi-channel travel retail with our B2B & B2C products and services. We’re keeping a low profile at the moment, though we’ve already secured solid funding and have a management team of veterans from the travel industry.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us define the ‘what’ and ‘how’ of our products and since it’s a start-up, won’t mind doing anything else we need. You’ll be working collaboratively to render the experience design for our products. In this capacity, you will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. You will ensure the design of our products supports our requirements to a high level of quality.
Deliverables include research reports, sketches, models (of all sorts), prototyping, and documentation –whatever is required for proper implementation (and nothing more). You will be able to deliver in a fast-paced and changing environment, working along side management, marketing, product managers, developers and other designers. Collaboration is key to how we work, whether it’s with a cross-functional team or within the design team. You will welcome input and be happy to support your colleagues to create the best products. Your projects will range from well-defined executions of business requirements to blue-sky explorations.
Need to haves
- All candidates must have an on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- 5 years work experience creating world-class user interface design across device experiences.
- Exceptional interaction design skills and a strong understanding of human or activity-centered design techniques
- Design Research, research, research!
- Able to distill loads of information into actionable design principles
- Strong problem finding and solving skills
- Highly skilled in prototyping at the appropriate fidelity
- Strong knowledge of technical capabilities and constraints across devices, and an interest to engage with emerging technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills:
- You work well with others and do not subscribe to a ‘heroic designer’ mentality.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, driven by group critique.
- Ability to communicate design through sketches, models, and prototypes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present work with conviction
- Passion for travel
- Be self-motivated, work with minimal supervision, and support multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to function independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Design, similar or equivalent experience
- Authorization to work in the US. No visa sponsorships.
Nice to Haves
- Mobile design experience familiarity with mobile development
- Travel industry and e-commerce experience
- We are based in NYC within walking distance to Penn Station.
- We offer great compensation packages and benefits:
- Very competitive compensation
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Matching 401K
- All-expense-paid one week vacation for two at a destination we sell
- Sweet hardware set-up of your choosing
- Travel reimbursement
- Gym benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Little things that matter (happy hours, Friday lunches, nice coffee, snacks, etc.)
- We offer great working environment
- Quality chairs and plenty of whiteboards
- Few meetings, few distractions policy
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Company outings, off-sites, and post-work hang outs
- Relocation is offered for this role