Lead User Experience Designer -- Riot Games
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
- A UX strategy veteran: you’ve racked up eight years’ experience building large-scale experience and product visions, at least four of which you spent leading and inspiring the teams responsible for delivering them
- A design maverick: you're fluent in UXD best practices and have the critical thinking skills to know when it's time to defenestrate them in favor of something unorthodox; in other words, you know the rules and know when to break them
- A prudent planner: you've built a strong design portfolio by applying user-centered design practices to product discovery, design, and development; you've demonstrated experience successfully scoping, planning and executing projects as part of an agile dev team
- A thought leader: you're a proven leader with experience developing and managing significant user experience design projects and coaching other UX designers; you're a thought-leader inside and outside your discipline, and when you're not facilitating design efforts, you're evangelizing them.
- Data-driven: you build UX strategies based on a strong foundation of data, and use quantitative analytics and user research to inform design principles
- Player-focused: you use a combination of research and your understanding of game culture to empathize with players and develop strategies and best practices tailored to their needs; major bonus points if you'ore already a summoner in the League of Legends community
- Work with UX Directors to define and develop UX strategy and experiential quality standards for multi-disciplinary product teams; guide UX Designers across multiple product teams to ensure holistic UX quality and consistency are carried throughout every aspect of the product
- Collaborate with other Lead UX Designers and UX Directors to share knowledge, set realistic goals and seek out challenges and experimental opportunities; mentor and grow less experienced UX Designers, helping them tackle new challenges that level up their skills
- Establish collaborative relationships with product management partners and other key team members; you know UX can't succeed in isolation, especially in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment like Riot
- Lead by example, diving in to get your hands dirty executing deliverables that demonstrate experience strategy when needed (experience models, prototypes, wireframes, whiteboard sketches, etc.)
- Click the apply button above and apply through our site! Don't forget to include a link or attach your portfolio so that we can see your past works.