UX Designer - Data Visualization -- Quantcast
As the dominant online audience measurement service, Quantcast has unique visibility into online media consumption. We measure over 100 million web destinations and process over 30 petabytes of data per day. As a Data Visualization Designer, you will leverage our huge data set and powerful analytical tools to give the public more insight into the digital world. You will provide publishers and advertisers with unique insights about their audiences, tell interesting stories about human behavior on the Internet, and create data visualizations that the press will cite like crazy! You will be responsible for the following:
- Define the standards for presenting and interacting with Quantcast data; driving innovation for exploratory concepts.
- Design and prototype interactive visualizations; bring simplicity to the design of complex data.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and UX Design on projects where data visualization is a key component
- Collaborate with R&D teams to explore datasets and opportunities for creating interactive data visualizations that will drive strategic value for the organization.
- Work closely with User Research to identify opportunities where research can inspire, optimize or evaluate the design; in the absence of research, have an intuition for what will work well
- Define Quantcast’s design language for displaying and interacting with complex data sets.
- Educate and evangelize throughout the organization, as well as with clients, the value of exploring datasets through intuitive and beautiful interfaces.
- Implement best practices for display and interaction with data; be an expert on the tools and trends in the industry.
- Manage multiple channels of stakeholder input and user feedback; be adept at balancing conflicting inputs and finding elegant solutions
- 3+ years experience designing and building interactive data visualizations
- Solid interaction and visual design skills
- Expert knowledge of data design standards
- Demonstrated ability to create visualizations that achieve business goals
- Adobe Creative Suite Expert
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing data visualization work, preferred
- Appreciate critical feedback – give it, receive it, and seek it
- Obsess over details – especially consistency
- Organize your thought process and communicate effectively – especially when articulating design decisions
- Thrive working cross-functionally and with other designers
- Be passionate about technology, data, design, users or anything really…we love passion!
Quantcast is a digital advertising company specialized in audience measurement and real-time advertising. As the pioneer of direct audience measurement in 2006, Quantcast has today the most in-depth understanding of digital audiences across the web, allowing marketers and publishers to make the smartest choices as they buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising on the market. Quantcast is dedicated to making display as relevant and effective as search, and currently delivers outstanding advertising campaigns for the world's leading advertisers and publishers and brings accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations.