User Experience Designer -- PayPerks
PayPerks is looking for a User Experience Designer to help us build out our core product. You'll contribute to the overall product strategy through concept generation, prototyping and collaboration with the Product and Design teams, where you'll make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable as we scale to tens of millions of users. The ideal candidate is self directed, can create order from ambiguity, and has the portfolio to prove it.
We are creating a brand new platform that combines sweepstakes games, visual financial education, and information about financial products and services that needs to be trusted, engaging, intitutive and fun for a diverse audience with varying levels of experience using the web and mobile web. You will be involved in all facets of design for our responsive web platform, including embedded integration with our partners' web and mobile apps, as well as any mobile apps we develop in the future.
- Work with product management and design research to determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into new concepts and elegant interface designs
- Create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and experience prototypes to guide development
- Iterate on design based on user feedback, user research, tech constraints, market dynamics
- Ability to rapidly produce multiple UX/UI concepts and prototypes; balancing pixel-perfect attention to detail against opting for low-fi design to optimise workflow and process
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, and specifications as needed
- 3+ yrs experience in UX roles at a consumer focused tech or media company
- Familiarity with responsive design for mobile interfaces
- Strong, clean visual design sense
If this sounds like something you're interested in, get in touch.
PayPerks is a VC-backed, fintech and marketing startup based in Flatiron, NYC that is building a pioneering education and loyalty platform revolutionizing financial services for millions of low and middle income consumers. Through contracts already in place, millions of users will soon have access to PayPerks, and that's just the tip of a huge iceberg. Our partners are big, our market is big, and our impact on society will be big. We've been recognized by the White House, called the "Next Big Thing in Prepaid" and have a for profit, social impact mission. This will make your mom proud.
Perks of working at PayPerks include:
- Competitive compensation package with equity and great health benefits
- Work in the center of New York City's tech startup scene
- Help create the PayPerks culture as an early member of our team
- Work with a fun, talented, supportive and friendly team
- Company culture that values results and offers lots of flexibility
- Knowledge that what you're building will positively impact millions of people
- Access to whatever tools and computing resources needed
- Time to contribute back to the Open Source community and/or create PayPerks open source projects
- A ton of opportunity