Senior UX Designer -- Orbis Consultants
The centralised deisgn team are to function as a inhouse consultancy, working on multiple projects across the Bank. The UX and Design team based here in London all sit together within a creative environment but you will work closely with product managers and developers owning your own projects. The UX Designer provides the strategic link between business divisions and technology solution providers for providing user interface solutions in cooperation with Architecture, Application Development, Business Analysis, and Program Management. This role is ultimately responsible for developing and communicating detailed design and requirements through all stages of the SDLC. You should be able to manage the overall UX programs within aggressive timelines.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Work independently with business users to help reach consensus on overall design strategies.
- • Work with technical leads and developers to communicate the requirements and apply project management skills to ensure projects are completed on time.
- • Works with UX Designers (internal/external) to oversee and provide project support and guidance
- • Provides mentorship to UX Designers on best practices and UX career development
- • Oversee UX initiatives from a project planning and resource budgeting standpoint. Leads UX activities for larger programs.
- • Communicate prospective information architecture and design model synergies across related projects.
- • Architect the information flow to come up with detailed wireframes and screen designs using Visio.
- • Build interactive prototypes using HTML to demonstrate both visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing.
- • Perform heuristic site evaluations and competitive site analysis.
- • Create and revise information architecture documents including but not limited to; site maps, user profiles, user scenarios, wireframes, content matrices, flow diagrams/process maps, and detailed functional requirements/specifications.
- • Devise and facilitate usability test sessions, analyze data and preset findings with recommendations to stakeholder team.
- • Conduct user interface reviews during the DEV and QA testing phases to ensure the UI is being built as specified by the UX. Log issues and rate according to usability impact. Provide UX direction for unexpected development challenges.