Sr. UX Visual Designer -- Microsoft
Sr. Visual Designer
We're looking for a seasoned Visual Communications Designer with proven real-world experience to join our team and create leading software + services experiences especially around consumer and IW scenarios. Come help us shape the future of productivity.
You create visual design languages that simultaneously supports functional design while conveying the emotional dimensions and brand of a product.
As a Senior Visual Communications Designer, you must have a clear understanding of each facet of the design process that facilitates a superior shipping Product: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation.
You have demonstrated ability to effectively partner with product planners and managers, program managers, and development and test team members to shepherd end to end experiences from concept to ship. You have a highly refined sense of aesthetics, a deep knowledge of communicating ideas and emotions through visual media, and plenty of raw talent as a visual artist.
You are a great creator, collaborator, communicator and coach.
Your Primary Responsibilities include:
• Lead/facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
• Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketching, visual language guidelines, motion studies and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
• Work (primarily) with interaction and motion designers to ensure the visual design enhances the overall user experience
• Work with brand designers to ensure the visual design is reflective of and additive to the brand strategy
• Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
• Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around visual design direction
• Working with the Creative Director, lead a significant experience design effort within Office Design’s portfolio of projects
Who are you?
• 5+ years of product design experience
• 3+ years of experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and other related business and design tools
• BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
• Extremely strong visual sensibilities, ability to use visual thinking, storyboards, sketching, and communication design to create breakthrough interaction design
• Deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.)
• Expertise creating a variety of visual design documents including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, motion studies, and visual style guidelines
• Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges.
• Always approach a project from multiple angles, and deliver a variety of solutions.
• Exposure to and understanding of variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods
• Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within milestone deadlines
• Experience in delivering production assets to development counterpart on time and with quality
• Fluency in current entertainment and social media trends
• Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing and Usability
• Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Possess ability to think conceptually about design
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
• Ability to quickly produce stunning and elegant visual treatments
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail