Sr. UX Researcher -- Microsoft
Sr. UX Researcher
As a Sr. UX Researcher, you will push the boundaries of productivity, be creative in your research methods and approaches to problem solving, work on concepts and prototypes ranging from rapid to longer term, and influence the current and future waves of Office experiences. This position will allow you to be at the forefront of technology, research, and user experience - surrounded by innovative and great thinking people while working in a collaborative and supportive environment at our Silicon Valley campus.
As an innovative Sr. UX Researcher, you will:
· Drive cross-team collaboration with the world’s best user experience researchers and designers, program managers, product planners and developers
· Provide a research strategy throughout the product lifecycle - from conception to completion.
· Lead research in new UX paradigms for new meeting and presentation scenarios, social networking in the enterprise, and consumer productivity scenarios, incorporating different input methods into your research plans.
· Influence and enable the successful delivery of multiple complex projects simultaneously
· Help the team become stronger in research, design and collaboration.
· BS/BA, MA or PhD in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology or similar field
· Demonstrated capability to influence to create world-class user experiences
· 5 years of experience utilizing research to iteratively guide products or services throughout a development cycle
· 2 years of experience conducting integrated hardware and software research
· 5 years of experience using a variety of qualitative, quantitative and experimental research methodologies
· Experience integrating user research into design and engineering processes
· Ability to communicate business and product opportunities across disciplines and across multiple levels of management
· Strong problem solving abilities
· Passion for design and technology
· Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills
· Self-confidence, flexibility and the ability to find clarity in ambiguous situations