Product Designers @ Meetup -- Meetup
Meetup began as a scrappy, lean and mean startup dedicated to doing whatever it took to enable face-to-face Meetups around the world. With a small, engineering-centric dev team, we sparked Meetups for millions of people in thousands of cities.
The path we took left us with a website that is vibrant and full of life, but one that's also messy, inconsistent, and sometimes even downright frustrating to use. We know we can't reach the next millions of people without making thoughtful, simple-to-use, beautiful design a top priority.
That's why we need you. We're building Meetup's first design team. Join us and reinvent the online experiences that will help millions of people discover, spark, and get involved in local, real-world communities.
- You'll evolve rough ideas into touchable, testable prototypes -- mapping out experiences, designing and prototyping HTML interfaces, and iterating, iterating, iterating (we run about 10 usability tests each week in our in-house lab).
- You'll help build out our live style guide, creating new reusable interface elements and refining existing ones.
- You'll work closely with other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You'll explore, experiment, and help shape the future of Meetup.
Who we're looking for:
- You're a generalist-specialist (http://markdotto.com/2011/04/15/fatten-up-those-ts/). Interaction design, visual design, HTML/CSS prototyping, design methods. You're good at all of these and excellent at at least one of them.
- You've have experience designing projects that span web, mobile, and email.
- You have an online portfolio of projects (some of which were self-started) that will knock our socks off.
- You're quick.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything ("MEME"); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
Want to learn more about how we work and our focus on usability?
And scenes from our latest hackathon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEb0C-IPyA
If the above describes you and your passions, we want to hear from you!