Sr. Interaction Designer -- MarketShare
The User Experience team at Marketshare is seeking a talented, passionate Interaction Designer to work on Marketshare's online products. This designer will be responsible for designing User Interfaces, Information Architectures, interaction flows, and design patterns of web and mobile applications. MarketShare provides a unique opportunity for professionals seeking to develop and grow their skills in SaaS and mobile design, business analytics, and Web applications.
Our Saas offerings capitalize on use of big analytics on big data to help Fortune 500 companies optimize their advertising and marketing spend. Our goal is to deliver innovative and intuitive user experiences for brand marketers to make better budget allocation decisions on a day to day basis. We have created an advanced predictive analytics big data platform on the cloud that crunches large volumes of data, builds and applies models to allow the marketers to run what-if scenarios on real life budget allocation situations and get a recommendation on better allocation.
In this role you will run along the cutting edge with an all-star lineup of experts in computer science, software engineering, marketing science, operation research and marketing strategy. You will research, design, and ship the next generation of SaaS products to an under penetrated market that is yielding 10X return on investment for the Marketers.
Your specific mission is to build the most sophisticated analytical engine that delivers a user equalizing product experience that puts actionable insights front and center while keeping the complexity completely behind the curtain. Are you are ready to be challenged every day in spite of mastering the craft of product building? Are you are willing to listen to the end user and iteratively entice them? Meet us at the crossroads of ‘Mad Men,’ Math, and Scientific Computing and help us blaze the marketing analytics trail.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable digital media products in a team environment
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new and updated web applications
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and mockups
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
- Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
- Keep abreast with the design and usability best practices
What We Look For
As a company developing innovative and ground-breaking solutions for our clients, we recognize that candidates from distinct backgrounds may be a good potential fit. Our ideal candidate will possess a combination of professional work experience in: human computer interaction, visual design, front end web development, User Experience/User Interaction for web, Saas, or enterprise applications.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the Web
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, Balsamiq, and Dreamweaver
- Excellent diagnostic skills to analyze and identify discrepancies within deliverables
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Strong ability to adapt to the situation, be nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and deliver unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare was recently named one of "LA's 10 Hottest Start-ups" by Inc.
After closing our most recent funding round of $38 million, we're looking to push the marketing industry forward.
MarketShare provides a unique opportunity for professionals seeking to develop and grow their skills in marketing, analytics, consulting, and project management through intensive client engagements and ongoing firm development.
MarketShare team has grown to 200 employees worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare employees with unsolicited resumes.