Visual Designer -- Mad*Pow
Mad*Pow is seeking a talented, passionate and multifaceted designer to join our team of creative creatures (some may call us mythical). Our perfect match has the skills and determination outlined below and is excited to take on new challenges and grow professionally. And, of course, our perfect match is looking for a new, enthusiastic relationship with an energetic agency.
We are the firm that industry leaders hire to create concepts for the next generation of their websites, systems and applications. We work on stimulating projects with big brands such as Intuit, Autodesk, Aetna, ESPN, Google and Fidelity. We are growing and we are energetic as evidenced by being recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of America’s fastest growing companies in 2010. We are based in beautiful and historic Portsmouth, NH with offices in Boston, MA and Louisville, KY and service clients all over the world. We pride ourselves on offering our staff challenging creative projects and great benefits that include: flex-time, extended company holidays, summer Fridays, health and dental care, profit sharing and a generous retirement account contribution.
Skills you need to bring to the table:
- 2+ years agency experience
- You’re in proximity to one of our offices (Portsmouth, NH, Boston, MA, Louisville, KY) and want to be there full-time
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Fireworks and Photoshop)
- True passion for design with extreme attention to detail
- Laser focus on creative standards and client needs
- Appreciation and knowledge of responsive web design
- Education (not a deal breaker, if your talent, experience and portfolio speak volumes about your abilities)
- You’re not a ‘fly on the wall’ in collaborative sessions. Yes, we want to hear your thoughts and opinions!
- You can take a joke, and make one from time to time
- You like being a member of a design family, not just punching a clock
- You’re on top of the latest digital trends in design, and can create compelling visuals no matter what screen size you’re designing for
- You work well within a team and can manage your time and deadlines
- You can dress up once in a while and meet our clients, with a little bit of travel on occasion
- You absolutely love what you do
What you will be doing:
- Translation of wireframes into visual designs (from both hand-drawn sketches and digital documents)
- Conceptual design for websites, web applications, tablets, and mobile devices
- Extending your designs throughout the entire experience (not just home pages)
- Collaborating. Sharing. Thinking. Creating. Revising. Perfecting.
- Enjoying what you do best
- Working with experience designers, researchers and other smart people
- Working with Fortune 100 companies (and some Fortune 500’s too)
- Focusing your design talents for the end-user
What Mad*Pow will bring to the table:
- Great people, great creative environments
- Flex schedule
- Sweet benefits package
- Awesome management team
- Extended holiday schedule
- Unlimited vacation
- Work/Life balance
- Excellent compensation package
- The latest and greatest hardware/software
- Education budget
- Volunteering flex time (we really DO care and foster those that care too)
What we need to get you in here for an interview:
- Your resume
- Links to either your online portfolio, your live work, or a combination of both (and that should be stuff that you designed)
- Brief email letting us know why you’re a fit
- Salary requirements
- Proof that you actually read this description, responding ONLY to email@example.com
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you! No recruiters please!
Please be aware that employment offers are contingent on the results of background checks we conducted on all newly hired staff members. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.