UX Designer -- lynda.com
lynda.com is looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented User Experience Designer to help define the user experience of our web products. Reporting to the Director of User Experience, the UX Designer works closely with product managers, other designers, engineers, researchers, and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs, gather requirements, and validate proposed designs for our website, software, and mobile products.
- Work with our members, user experience researchers, and others in the business to gain deep understanding of “real world” customer needs and business goals, and collect valuable feedback and insights in order to drive your design work.
- Document the user experience through user flows, scenarios, storyboards, and pixel-level mockups or prototypes.
- Work with User Experience Researchers to test and iterate on your designs.
- Support the scrum Product Owner, collaborating with stakeholders, team members and customers in a user-centered design process to design features, define user stories, and work with development teams during implementation to answer questions.
- Act as an experience evangelist, advocating for our members and representing their needs and perspectives to the team.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a user experience designer for consumer-facing web applications, e-Commerce sites, or SaaS products
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in HCI, Cognitive Science, Design, Library Science, or related field
- Working experience with one or more wire framing or web design tools, such as OmniGraffle, Fireworks, or Photoshop is required
- Experience working with code or prototyping with Dreamweaver/Fireworks, Azure or Flash is strongly desired
- Must be able to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high fidelity prototypes based on an existing style guide
- A strong passion for learning and a desire to help others
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team: to listen effectively, to respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and to offer and accept feedback openly
- Outstanding oral and written presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to quickly adapt the content to the audience
- Must be organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced often changing environment
- Experience working in an agile product development environment is also a plus
- Experience with information architecture or internationalizing websites is a plus
lynda.com offers an extraordinary work environment, tremendous opportunity for advancement, and great benefits, including:
- 100% company paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) plan including safe harbor, employer match, and discretionary profit sharing
- Paid company holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, and jury duty leave
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Company paid group term life insurance, with optional employee buy-up program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Great employee gatherings
- Complimentary gourmet coffees and teas as well as fruit, nuts, and other healthy snacks
lynda.com is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who apply for a position are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital, or veteran status.