INTERACTIVE PROJECT MANAGER --
INTERACTIVE PROJECT MANAGER - CONTRACT POSITION
The interactive project manager is responsible for oversight of the concept, architecture, design and implementation phases of a large scale web initiative. Candidate must be versed in high-level architecture/technology specification and requirements gathering and be able to direct in-house and outsourced development resources during the implementation of projects. Candidate should have strong client facing skills and be able to work closely with other team members to gather their inputs and create proposals, statements of work, timelines and schedules of deliverables. Understand and uphold the university mission through all work performed.
- Meet with Integrated Marketing Communications team and internal clients to organize the design, content, architecture, and development phases of work. Manage team tasks, project schedules, and project budgets.
- Work well with small and large teams including visual/graphic designers, strategists, content authors, site developers, and programmers.
- Manage due dates, deliverables and level of effort to meet all client and in-house deadlines and assist with any required documentation.
- Work with in-house, client or outsourced development teams during implementation to ensure adherence to visual design and architecture specifications.
- Work with technology teams in creating Quality Assurance testing plans. Coordinate client and in-house staff during Quality Assurance and direct the change process.
- Work well with designers, site developers and programmers to find the best possible solution for our clients that balance user, business and technology requirements while fitting within the constraints of time and budget.
- Embrace academic culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience.
- An M.S. or B.S. degree in Graphic/Visual Arts, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- PMP Certification and/or Competencies in MS Project, MS Office, bug tracking software and other related project management tools.
- Must have previously managed web design and development projects (web apps, websites or social media apps) from initial requirements gathering through delivery into production.
- Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and methodology.
- Understanding of Agile management practices and ability to tailor traditional approaches for particular client/IMC needs.
- Ability to plan, facilitate and document client meetings.
- Experience working on large, complex sites.
- Skilled at coordinating multiple tracks on work to bring site vision to life.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and diagrammatic communication skills.
- An appreciation for branding, user research, marketing, and visual design.
Reports to: Director of Interactive, Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
This is a monthly contracted position starting immediately and completing in December 2014.
Compensation is based on experience with some flexibility for on-site and off-site time.