Senior UX Designer -- Growing Video Chat Service
The Senior UX Designer reports directly to the Director of UX, helping to drive research and design for this popular and growing video chat service that serves about 4 million global users. The company has a fast-paced, vibrant work environment located in the heart of NYC, just down the street from Penn Station.
This role covers the gamut of the UX process, and works in collaboration with engineering, product management, marketing, and company leadership to take ideas from concept to launch. This includes some amount of upfront remote and field user research, as well as an alysis of existing analytics data. Guided by strategic goals and the insights gleaned from the upfront research, the Senior UX Designer will then craft UX and interaction designs in collaboration with UI/graphic designers.
The first priority for the Senior UX Designer will be to lead up an overhaul of the company’s current desktop and web application experiences , creating a high-quality experience that’s consistent across platforms: desktop, web and mobile.
This role is being represented by Didus, a staffing and career development service focused on user-centered roles in research, design, technology, and strategy. We are not your typical recruiting agency that just wants to sell you on any role that fits your keywords; we work one-on-one with you to find the perfect fit. For more information, please visit: http://didus.com/experience-professionals
- 4+ years of intensive UX, usability, and interaction design experience in web and mobile applications
- Solid experience working on consumer-facing products
- Ability to devise and execute user research plans
- Expert-level experience creating low- to medium-fidelity prototypes and wireframes through sketching and design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience designing cross-platform experiences
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead and collaborate effectively
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules, and adjust to shifting targets with agility
Key Functions & Deliverables
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing a superior product UX, and follow through with the processes and tactics required to implement that vision
- Work with product management to create detailed wireframes, interaction designs, mixed fidelity prototypes, user flows, etc.
- Participate in user research and testing processes
- Collaborate with visual designers and engineers to ensure UX quality persists all the way through to delivery
- Represent the customer’s voice in company meetings and help engender a customer-centric strategic view
- Partner with others in the broader design team to develop and extend a consistent experience across multiple platforms
This company understands that design is about sophisticated problem solving and not just visual design aesthetics. The Senior UX Designer will be supported by visual UI designers so visual design ability is less important than well-honed UX and interaction design skills. That said, make sure your portfolio materials are presented in a visually appealing way. Be prepared to show how you've used UX research and design techniques and artifacts to support thinking, design, and collaboration on complex projects, particularly ones in the consumer space. This company will be most interested in how your portfolio demonstrates your ability to solve problems using design thinking and communication, and to apply user-centered design principles and practices. You should also be able to demonstrate how you've exercised leadership and vision over product strategy, ideation, research, design, and implementation. Portfolio materials that showcase experience in across the full spectrum of UX, from strategy to research to design to development, will add extra appeal to your application.
Interested in This Opportunity?
To apply, please visit:
And fill out the complete form, referencing opportunity ID NYC1311001.