UX Designer -- Global E-Commerce & Travel Services Company
The UX designer is a pivotal role that works on complex projects spanning the company's broad range of products and web properties, bridging the gap between visual, interaction, and information design. The role is primarily responsible for information architecture and user interaction design for the company's global products, which are principally B2B and e-commerce in nature. The person filling this role should have strong aptitude in visual design, but a strong footing in information architecture, human factors, and usability will be most crucial. As well, it will be important to have a thorough understanding of web and application development processes and a proven track record of successful collaboration with development and product teams. The UX Designer will work with internal product owners, business analysts, and developers to create IA diagrams, wireframes, mockups, comps, and prototypes of website and desktop products and systems.
In this company, UX has a seat at the strategy table, and comprises a small, tight-knit team that meets regularly to share insights, implement company-wide UX best practices and guidelines, discover ways to improve the company's processes, and get each other's input on projects. Day-to-day, individual members of the UX team are often embedded within the project and development teams, helping to understand business needs, research and define business needs and product functional requirements, deliver high-quality design and communication artifacts, advocate for user needs, and ensure the project and team remain focused on delivering the project's vision.
This role is being represented by Didus, a staffing and career development service focused on user-centered roles in research, design, technology, and strategy. We are not your typical recruiting agency that just wants to sell you on any role that fits your keywords; we work one-on-one with you to find the perfect fit. For more information, please visit: http://didus.com/experience-professionals
This company understands that design is about sophisticated problem-solving and not just visual design aesthetics, and the role has a clear emphasis on information architecture, interaction design, and usability. At the same time, this is still a creative role at its core, so your portfolio should be broad, deep, and aesthetically beautiful. Be prepared to show not only design outcomes, but also the processes and techniques that underlie and support the thinking, design, and collaboration that led to those results. This company will be concerned with how your portfolio demonstrates your ability to use design thinking and visual communication skills to advance shared understanding and knowledge of product requirements and user needs. Portfolio materials that have a strong focus on e-commerce, B2B, BPM, and big data/data visualization will help your application stand out. It will also be valuable if the story behind some or all of your portfolio work demonstrates your ability to lead others, generate consensus, and drive good outcomes in collaborative, cross-disciplinary efforts. You must also be able to demonstrate your ability to work closely with product and development teams, both as a leader of design/user/product requirements, but also as a supporting resource.
- Four or more years as a practicing user experience designer
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and web/desktop application usability design
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills as well as demonstrated visual communication skills
- Significant working experience with appropriate design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Experience with web or desktop software and with leveraging rich clients in innovative ways
- Solid understanding of basic design principles (eg., typography, color, grids, etc.)
Key Functions & Deliverables
- Gather and understand information about user needs from multiple sources (stakeholder interviews, requirements gathering, functional/other specifications, etc.)
- Translate business requirements into intuitive interface solutions from the perspective of an end-user advocate
- Develop an understanding of backend systems and capabilities
- Create complete IA specifications including site maps, user/process flows, and wireframes for websites and desktop applications
- Create comps and other visual design artifacts including visualizations, creative briefs, etc.
- Develop clickable prototypes to demonstrate interactivity for internal stakeholders and usability test participants
- Participate in user research/usability testing
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Education or work experience in formal HCI and/or cognitive psychology
- Theoretical training in human behavior and interaction problems
- Experience with big, complex data sets and data visualization projects
- Previous experience with content heavy applications or websites
- Excellent visual design skills
- Training or experience in ethnographic research
Interested in This Opportunity?
To apply, please visit:
And fill out the complete form, referencing opportunity ID DEN1310001.