Senior User Experience (UX) Architect -- E*TRADE Financial
The Senior Experience Architect acts as a customer experience expert within E*TRADE’s Product Experience group. This person will be responsible for crafting the user experience design for all of E*TRADE’s web, mobile, and desktop applications. The Senior EA will also assist the UX Manager in the development and maintenance of standard interaction guidelines. This role will interface frequently with product and technology managers, helping to discover/define/develop user, business, and functional requirements.
The best candidates for the role will have the ability to work effectively across products, communicate ideas quickly, and work effectively with various business groups, design team members and technology departments. In addition, the position requires strong competitive research skills, an understanding of industry and web application design best practices, and a passion for creating elegant data visualizations.
· Create and maintain project resourcing plans for E*TRADE’s Product Experience Group
· Create information architecture conceptual models and documentation for complex, data-driven web applications
· Translate business/customer needs into wireframes and interactive prototypes
· Create global interaction design specifications
· Contribute to the evolution of visual design guidelines
· Contribute to product requirements definition and documentation
· Drive UCD best practices into deliverables and development process
· Work collaboratively with product teams in concept design and development
· 4-7 years UX design experience
· Willing to take risks, able to iterate quickly
· Excellent visualization skills with the ability to articulate concepts and ideas through low-and high-fidelity prototypes
· Strong orientation toward conceptual modeling with the ability to innovate on process tools and conventions
· Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
· Excellent communication skills
· Past information/interaction design experience in the financial services vertical desired
· Product management, market research or business analysis experience a plus
· College or university degree required in HCI, human factors, art &design, or related field
· Examples of UCD work products/deliverables are required for consideration.
· Adobe Creative Suite, Morae (or other user-testing analysis tool), and Microsoft Office Suite
· Undergraduate degree required in human factors, interactive design, usability, or related field; graduate degree preferred. 4-7 years’ experience required in interactive design, usability engineering, or related field, with experience in designing for complex metadata-driven web applications.