Senior User Experience Researcher - Pre IPO Opportunity -- DocuSign Inc
It may not be obvious from the outside that DocuSign® is amazing. As you dig in a bit you see that it’s growing like a weed, has the potential to reach every person as a target customer, and does so much more than meets the eye. Better yet, it’s filled with smart folks who work collaboratively and efficiently to ship product, hit sales targets and capture market-share. It’s a rare business like Uber, eBay/PayPal in the early years, and ours that has both sides of a transaction grateful and happy for their experience. DocuSign® is the Electronic Transaction & Signature Management leader and global standard for signing anything, anytime, anywhere, on any device. We have enabled over 40 million users to DocuSign more than 290 million documents in 188 countries and 43 languages around the world, while adding 50,000 new users every day. “DocuSign” is well on its way to becoming a verb and a household name.
Are you interested in transforming how people work, live and connect? Do you want to collaborate with an amazing group of peers who’ll inspire you in new ways every day? To further our momentum, we’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our high performance team in our journey to help everyone do business faster – and better.
The Senior User Experience Researcher will join us in our San Francisco office to help us bring world-class user experiences to our customers. A successful candidate will have experience in both design research and ethnography, focusing on applications and digital experiences. You will be responsible for executing a variety of formative and summative research studies to support the development and iteration of experiences, as well as the advancement of customer empathy.
- Work with designers, product managers and other stakeholders to identify research needs.
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including surveys, field studies, usability tests, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences.
- Add to research findings with data from other sources including analytics, customer support records, sales contacts, etc.
- Look for opportunities to add to our customer knowledge outside of projects.
- Advance the team’s research prowess by trying out new techniques and deliverables.
- 5+ years experience in user research with an emphasis on research related to software and digital experiences.
- An advanced degree in human interaction, cognitive science, or related field.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Extensive experience designing and conducting user research using a variety of methodologies.
- Proficiency in working with developers, product managers and designers.
- Ability to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to research challenges.
- Familiarity with Web analytics, A/B and multivariate testing methodologies a plus.
- A proven track record of working well with mutli-disciplinary teams and business partners.
- Experience with methodologies such as iterative development and Agile a plus.