User Experience Designer -- DaVita
We are looking for a UX guy or gal to come work at DaVita, one of the world’s largest dialysis companies. At DaVita, we believe in giving kidney care providers the best tools to take care of their patients, including a web based electronic health record (EHR) application. We are looking to grow our UX team responsible for the design and development of Falcon EHR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- At DaVita, we believe design is about problem solving. In order to provide the right solution, you must understand the problem:
- Conduct user research to better understand the problem to be solved or job-to-be-done
- Facilitate and conduct user interviews
- Lead focus groups
- Author surveys
- Shadow providers as they see patients using the software
- Design mock-ups and prototypes of potential solutions
- Conduct usability studies to understand if the proposed solution solves the problem
- Work through design iterations based on feedback
- Document and communicate out findings from user research and usability studies
- Author user stories which describe the proposed solution
- Work closely with the engineering team to build the solution
- Travel required on occassion
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in human-computer interaction, usability, business analyst, or user experience design
- Proficiency in your design weapon of choice, such as JustinMind, iRise, Balsamiq, Adobe Suite, Keynote, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface directly with clients
- Stay current with design thinking through reading blogs and books, attending industry meet-ups and conferences.
- Holistic, collaborative approach to design and ability to carry your own ideas through discussion, wireframing, prototyping and production
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, PowerPoint, Visio, Share Point.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
Essential Behaviors, Skills, and Attitudes Required for Success in this Position
- You are committed to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively
- You have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- You are self-motivated with excellent communication and problem solving skills
- You are detail oriented with a passion for making things easier to use
- You care about both teaching and learning every single day
- You care about thoughtful but also evidence-based design implemented in an agile, iterative process
- You care about collaborating closely with engineers and domain experts to make great products
- You care about building products that actually solve problems for customers and support them their jobs-to-be-done
- You should love new learning curves, because every project has a stack of them
- You need to be able to inspire client confidence, listen acutely to their needs, guide them when they need guidance, and handle issues effectively when they emerge
- You are interested in building a personal brand as a product design thought leader, whether via speaking, writing, video, etc.
- You will be a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment
- You should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration
- You have a passion for your craft
- You champion principles of usability and user experience design