Director, Customer Experience (eCommerce) -- Confidential - Leading Multi-Banner Retailer (NYC)
Our client is a leading North American retailer. Well-established and flourishing, the organization has a performance-oriented, entrepreneurial culture with a strong commitment to its employees, customers, and shareholders. The company offers compelling career opportunities, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to business direction while achieving career growth within an organization that recognizes and rewards employee contributions.
Due to the explosive growth of ecommerce within the business, the organization is currently seeking a Director, Customer Experience (eCommerce), who will build and develop a user-experience design practice for dynamic websites and mobile platforms. Reporting to the Senior Vice President Ecommerce & Digital Marketing, the Director’s mandate is to create intuitive and innovative user experiences for a multi-site, multi-channel retailer, to create competitive advantage, and ultimately to drive revenue growth. This is a leadership role and requires working with the eCommerce team and other key stakeholders to gather, define, and deliver a strategic customer experience roadmap. The Director will drive strategic objectives, lead a high-performing team of ecommerce professionals, and work in a fast-paced environment.
This role will be located in New York City.
• Develop and manage a clear, organized and achievable customer roadmap for a seamless Omni-channel experience
• Identify Omni-channel customer needs and expectations- through research, testing, web performance and analytics, while putting forward recommendations for improvement
• Build effective and collaborative working relationships with external vendors and internal partners including IT, program management and development teams to maximize potential growth
• Produce documentation and design principles- concept models, user requirements, scenarios, user stories, prototypes, wireframes, and functional specifications that articulate site application structure and organization based on user feedback, technical constraints and market dynamic
• Usability test planning, execution, results analysis, and recommendations
• Lead the efficient introduction of new functionality in collaboration with eCommerce, IT & other key stakeholders
• Empower direct reports to become decision makers and leaders throughout the organization.
• Build bench strength by identifying, accelerating and developing high potential executives.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university (preferably in Business Management).
· Demonstrated expertise within an eCommerce customer experience retail environment
· 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience
· Experience in a large scale retail environment (complex/ full line store)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and various social media platforms
· Excellent project management and organizational skills to ensure realistic time scales and optimal use of resources
· Flexibility working within the dynamics of a fast paced and changing environment
· Strong decision making skills
· Proven experience of managing multiple business requirements and key stakeholder expectations
· Experience in leading, managing, coaching, and developing a direct reporting team