Senior User Experience Mobile Designer to work with the WebEx User Experience Team -- Cisco
Cisco WebEx is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to work with the WebEx User Experience Team to design next-generation, web, mobile and rich client applications to shape the future of collaboration. This position involves designing interfaces that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity.
A candidate’s portfolio must demonstrate a broad depth of experience with emphasis on application and user-interaction design, while leveraging mobile, and rich web clients in innovative ways. The ideal candidate must have excellent interaction design skills supported by strong visual design skills. The candidate will play a lead role in conceptualizing the designs as well as iterating on the detailed interaction designs. It will be the candidate’s job to articulate the design vision and to work with the development team under an Agile development model to ensure the vision is realized.
• Lead mobile design projects for iOS and Android platforms.
• Work with customers and product managers to understand business problems and requirements
• Create conceptual designs and suggest product direction based on field research, customer feedback, and visual requirements
• Work with a cross-functional team to lead a product through the full product development cycle in an Agile environment
• Facilitate project communication across a global, multidisciplinary team
• Lay the foundation for robust design documentation
• Create guidelines and design language for meetings, collaboration, social networking, communication, voice, and video products
• Develop visual interface specifications for desktop and mobile environments
• Develop visual design prototypes ranging from comps to interactive mock-ups
• 5+ years of visual and interaction design experience encompassing design for desktop and mobile environments
• 3+ years of mobile design experience (preferable with experience with iOS and Android)
• Portfolio that reflects work across all product development stages and exhibits out-of-the-box thinking
• Experience designing mobile collaboration, communication or social networking applications is highly desirable
• Excellent time-management and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task across projects
• Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams across cultures
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and to convey these designs in the form of comps and design specifications