UX Designer -- Booz & Company/Booz Digital
Booz Digital (part of global management consulting firm Booz & Company) works with clients to develop and execute their digital strategies.
We have the unique strength of being vertically integrated, which includes digital and business strategy, human-centered product design and ethnographic research, digital UX/UI creative, and IT enablement. This allows us to invent, design, bring-to-life and execute on digital businesses and experiences that are routed around a sound business model and drive real impact for our clients. Our customers may be large incumbent leaders under threat from upstart disruption or companies seeking to be a leader and forge profitable new digital businesses and experiences not yet realized. Unlike an advertising/digital agency, we focus exclusively on imagining and building digital businesses vs. campaigns that may only live for a short period in time.
We have a boutique and start-up like focus and culture, but with immense power and resources behind us. Our environment and approach to problem solving and creating solutions is multidisciplinary, collaborative, and thought provoking. We seek to be bold and provocative in our ideas, but are fiercely pragmatic and impact driven in the outcomes we create for our clients.
We are looking for UX Designers to help drive the rapid growth of our top tier Digital Strategy and Operations firm. Our purpose is to help companies imagine, bring-to-life, & launch digital businesses and solutions that have transformative customer impact. To do this, we've assembled a group of world-class business/strategy, design, and technology professionals with deep knowledge and experience in digital businesses and solutions – from mobile applications and ecommerce, to new and emerging digital solutions yet to be realized.
-Review business requirements working with design leadership
- Collaborate with the UI Visual Designer and UI Developer to bring the working team’s ideas to life
- Produce a lot of thinking (i.e. visually expressed in usable outputs) to help team achieve a captivating design
- Work with design leadership to triage and fix bugs with rapid turnaround
- Contribute ideas for making the digital product solutions better and easier to use
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Art in Multimedia/Interaction/Graphic Design
- 3-5 years of professional UX design experience (with relevant examples of digital products launched in the marketplace)
- A complete online portfolio with clear demonstration of individual's problem solving approach and capabilities.
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented, on-trend and aesthetically beautiful
- A work inclination that is highly results-oriented, self-motivating, empathetic, humble and collaborative.
- Ability to participate in investigative ethnographic research activities to understand and calibrate against end-user realities
- Ability to create visual wireframes and mid-to-high fidelity screen comps in a manner rooted in strong graphic design best practice
- Able to design and achieve intuitive user-experiences (per the collaboration and/or creative direction from design leadership)
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the power of narrative when designing new experiences for end-users