Company Secretary Governance Training IoD
This course offers practical guidance on the company secretary's duties & responsibilities, the knowledge required to fulfill this role successfully & advice on handling sensitive situations.
With an increasing focus on corporate governance in recent years, the role of the company secretary has evolved to become the central point for governance operations and strategic influence between the executive management and the board.
Whether you are newly appointed, or looking to improve your performance with fresh insight, this practical course will equip you with the essential knowledge and skill-set to fulfil your role successfully.
Gain a practical overview of the company secretary's duties and responsibilities and address changes to the company secretary's role in response to the 2006 Companies Act.
- Appreciate to a greater extent, the role, responsibilities and key duties of the modern company secretary.
- Understand your role in relation to the rest of the board and its activities.
- Develop and implement best practice in corporate governance and better advise on legal obligations.
- Understand the implications of the Companies Act 2006 and updates to the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Sensitively deal with issues surrounding the disclosure of interests, extraordinary contracts, changes to auditors and the appointment/removal of directors.
Venue Details: Institute of Directors, 116 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5ED, United Kingdom.
Time: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Category: Classes / Courses | Professional Training.
Classes / Courses | Professional Training | Meetup & Networking.
Classes / Courses | Professional Training | Classes, Courses & Workshops.
Members: GBP 825.00,
Non-members: GBP 1025.00.