UX Sessions at Conversion Conference’s First Midwest Show
UX Magazine (via Jeremiah Cohick) attended Conversion Conference San Francisco last March, where the program included presentations from experts in UX-related fields, including BJ Fogg, Steve Krug, Jared Spool, and Roger Dooley, among others. This June, Conversion Conference (ConvCon) is arriving in Chicago for the very first time on June 25-26. We combed ConvCon’s two-day agenda for UX-related sessions to help attendees prioritize their time:
- Tim Ash, SiteTuners CEO and author of Landing Page Optimization, will give a keynote presentation on Monday the 25th on “understanding the brain’s need for novelty and shortcuts,” which will emphasize the neuroscientific aspect of human motivations and behavior. Psychology, neuroscience, and persuasive design are all hot topics in UX now, so this session should be quite interesting.
- Web usability expert Amy Africa, another keynote speaker, will be sharing “essential tips for moving visitors to action.” In particular, she will focus on web usability best practices in terms of navigation, visual placement, triggers, and other page elements that engage customers. This session, which kicks off the second day the conference on Tuesday the 26th, is for UX professionals who design e-commerce and other sites that sell.
- UX expert and behavior psychologist Susan Weinschenk, author of 100 Things Every Designer Should Know About People, will present a session on the “The Top 10 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People” on Monday the 25th. Susan is the author of some of the most popular articles on UX Magazine, most notably The Psychologist’s View of UX Design. You can expect her session at ConvCon to provide insights on using lessons from human psychology to design more intuitive websites.
- UX expert Russ Unger, author of A Project Guide to UX Design and Guerrilla UX Research Methods, has a session on Tuesday the 26th where he’ll share techniques for conducting usability research on the fly and on a tight budget. This session will benefit you if you’re looking for ideas for inexpensive yet effective UX research methods and tips for implementing them. Russ is also a UX Magazine contributor, and his article Getting Guerilla With It covers a similar topic as his ConvCon session.
- On Monday the 25th, Ian Everdell, Usability & Research Manager for Canada-based Mediative, will discuss user behaviors in mobile environments. His session will focus on the use of eye tracking technology to identify key behavioural nuances when people interact with mobile and other handheld devices.
That’s just five out of the twenty-two sessions at ConvCon Chicago. You will probably find some other sessions of interest depending on where you are in your career or if you’re planning to expand your skill set to include other aspects of conversion rate optimization.
The organizers of Conversion Conference are also giving away three free eye tracking studies to Chicago attendees. Eye tracking studies provide insights into website usability through the way users read and interact with a website’s visual and other elements. If you’ve registered for the conference, be sure to check your confirmation email for instructions on how to nominate your website for the prize.
Connect with UX Magazine at Conversion Conference
Exclusive Discount for UX Magazine Readers
ConvCon has offered a special discount for UX Magazine readers, so if you register using this link, you’ll get a $100 discount on a conference pass off regular prices.
Win a Free Pass to ConvCon in Chicago
The organizers of ConvCon have generously offered a free pass that you can win by entering a simple contest. You can find details of the contest here.